At Move4Sport the health and wellbeing of our clients is always a priority. With the current events of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) we feel this to be the right time to reassure you that we are working very closely with all our facilities and partners to ensure the safest and healthiest training environment. We are closely monitoring the latest government advice to make sure we are taking the most effective action.
Move4Sport will be continuing to operate as normal. This means with facilities that are remaining open we will be continuing to provide our squad and individual sessions. For those facilities that have closed, we are working to provide alternatives at other venues. Please keep reading further down for more information on what to do if your squad sessions have been cancelled or how you can remain active while self-isolating. Firstly, we would like to reiterate government advice on hygiene.
Daily Personal Hygiene
- Wash your hands often (ensuring you wash them both before and after your session) with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands. Avoid close contact with people who are sick or those who are considered vulnerable.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin. Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home.
Training Hygiene Considerations
- We have an increased amount of cleaning products in our facilities to wipe down and sanitize equipment. Please help us by wiping down equipment after you have used it.
- Please wash your hands before and after each session (as above) for at least 20 seconds. If you feel at all unwell or someone in your household is then please do not attend training sessions and self-isolate for a period of up to 14 days.
- If you start to feel unwell within 5 days of your session then please contact us discreetly to notify us so that we can take the relevant action.
- We would like to stress that if you feel unwell please do not attend your training session and stay at home. Please adhere to the recommended hygiene procedures as detailed above.
- If you are concerned that you have encountered the virus, whether in this country or elsewhere, please follow the government advice and self-isolate in the first instance. It is also recommended that you call 111 for medical advice.
Training While Self-Isolating
- We understand that being away from certain training facilities may be frustrating and may cause worry about detraining and losing fitness. It is important to remember that, especially strength, takes up to 4 weeks of no activity to be lost and fitness can be maintained with some simple home workouts. For workout ideas please head to our social media to find some examples.
- From a mental perspective keeping up a regular exercise routine is shown to help reduce feelings of anxiety and we would highly recommend staying as active as you can.
- Please bear in mind this advice is given for those who are not exhibiting any symptoms or feeling unwell in any way.
What To Do If Your Squad Sessions Are Cancelled?
- If your squad sessions have been cancelled we will notify you immediately. In the case that we cannot offer an alternative session or if you are not comfortable attending squad sessions we are more than happy to offer individual or small group sessions on an ad hoc basis. Please contact us directly to arrange these sessions.
- If your training facility has been closed we are more than happy to offer individual or small group sessions at either another one of our venues that is still open or at an alternative venue. This can include coming to your home, a nearby park etc. Again, please contact us directly and we will be happy to arrange this.
- If you are at all concerned about attending any sessions then please do not hesitate to get in touch. We are closely monitoring the situation as well as government and public health advice and will keep you updated on any changes to our current situation.
The Move4Sport Team