After the International Swimming League event at the London Aquatics Centre this weekend, we’re focussing our content this week on swimming! This week’s athlete profile therefore is on one of our talented swimmers, Imogen.
Imogen has been swimming at Bromley Swimming Club since 2011, and she spends 18 hours a week training! This is split between 15 hours each week in the pool, with the other 3 spent doing S&C. Mostly a sprint-based club, Imogen spends a lot of time doing high-intensity training that involves swimming at or below race pace. Over the years Imogen has amassed many achievements:
- Made the National Arena B Final two years in a row, came 2nd last year
- Ranked 3rd in South Final this year
- Ranked 2nd in GB in age group for 50m back
- First nationals in 2014 (12 years old)
- First British Champs in 2015
- Sprinter across all four strokes 50m, 100ms, 200m back IM
- Competed for Kent and London at National Team Champs
- Open 50m back LCM Kent Record holder
- Swam abroad for London team in Antwerp, Belgium
- British national medals (50m back x3, 100m back x1, 100m free x1, 4x100 free relay x1)
-English national medals (9 medals across 8 events)
We’re incredibly proud of Imogen and everything she’s achieved over the years. We can’t wait to see what the future holds for her!